Now I like this. I like this part of the day. Early evening, no one home, no one online, nothing of importance to do other than blog. and listen to music. and read. Sometimes go out into the world. But if you know me you know how much I'd rather sit at home and think.
Another part of the day I really like is after dinner. Everyone retires into their own rooms, and since I've long given up on TV, I sit in my cubby-hole sweetheart, and listen to music. Just that. Sometimes Coldplay, sometimes cranberries. Occasionally in the dark as well. And I try to write. Because someone told me "Find out what you want to do, and go out and do it." This was when I was hopelessly wailing to him that my life lacks direction. (the whole "I'm lost" teenage sob story). But he's so patient to hear me out. I like him for that. A lot.
I like Yellow. By Coldplay. Yesterday, I put it on repeat and forgot all about everything else. What a lovely song. Though I still don't know why exactly yellow, but its just right. It makes sense. Coldplay is a band you listen listen to relentlessly, forget all about them, and suddenly suddenly, you WANT to listen to them. And so you rush, to your computer, or wherever you keep your music and since you must, you're lost in them again.
"I like you. I do love you, or that is what I tell myself, but I do like you too. "
The first time I realised there was a difference between liking and loving was when I was 12 and heard a song by Right Said Fred. It went like this "We love you but we don't like ya,/Don't like ya, don't like ya,/We love you but we don't like ya."
And that's when I figured there was a difference. I just presumed liking someone a lot, lot led you to loving them. But that's not how it is. At least not now. Childhood is a distorted place. Anyways, you could love someone and not like them. At least you wouldn't like them if you didn't already love them. Like family. If you weren't taught to love all family, come hell or high water, would you? Would you be friends with all your cousins if you had a choice? But currently, you love them.
OK, enough with love.
I like stringy yellow lights. Somehow I have never liked the colourful ones people put up. The ones that go "Green-Blue-Red-Yellow FLASH FLASH Green-B-Y-R FLASH thrice now". I like the ones that stay bulb yellow, are tiny and don't do jiggly dances. They're more romantic.
I like Michael Hutchence. One of my "Self Deserved Treats For Great Efforts Put In To Be A Good Girl" include listening to "Beautiful Girl" by INXS at full volume. Aaaaah! To have lived on this planet and not have listened to Michael Hutchence croon. How devastating! (OK, I know I'm going overboard).
oh, wht a colossal waste of time. But like I said, I like this
No comments:
Post a Comment