Does being a part of a whole regard one whole less, incomplete ? That without the one key, I am a locked treasure chest. No one knows the ruby redness of the color of my heart, no one knows the laughter that courses my veins, no one can smile at me like that and get my eyes to twinkle that madly? No one can make me that happy as you, and even if they did, I'd fear to acknowledge it. Does being part of a couple lead you to having no identity without the other part? No one knows my dreams because I have led myself to believe that the one person who cares is you, without you, my dreams, hopes and aspirations are just figments of my own imagination. Without your knowledge, and without your constant witness to my life, I will lose a little bit of myself everyday? Without telling you everything, does it seem that nothing happened? That I sat at home the entire day without lifting a finger.
You are important in my life, I grant you, but why is that I let you be of utmost importance? That without your nod of approval or denial, nothing I do is useful?
Why do I think to myself, "Him! I love him! And until its in his arms that I put my head down to rest, no rest shall ever come to me? I will wander, lost, searching for the oasis of his love."
Why does love have to do anything with possession? If I cannot possess you, I cannot love you. What ideals are these? Whose ideals are these? Why can't I claim to love you even if you don't? Why must I have to love you only if we are together, officially? As if to tell the world, Yes! We are together.... you can quote us.
No comments:
Post a Comment