September 27, 2007

Perceptions

We all are tied down by perceptions, aren't we? By what we think of ourselves, by how the people who know us think we are. I am so different with different people. In any relationship, we assume roles. I think of you this way and were you to change that idea I'd tell you " You've changed!" never mind if that is the way you have always been. But that was not the way you have been with me. In certain company, we are expected to behave certain ways. Childish, grown-up, foolish and fool-hardy, talkative- the non-stop, and the quiet one. And because we are expected to, we go and lead them on. If you want boring out of me, that is what you get.

I KNOW the things you say. Sometimes I can predict conversations and they turn out exactly the way they were in my head. But if they didn't, I don't know if I'd like the change. You are a person I count on, would I like it if you suddenly got sarcastic with me and snapped? Or would I like it if you weren't sarcastic all of a sudden? In a way, the person I'm in love with is a person inside my head. If I were someone else, I'd probably not see the special person that I perceive you to be. Oh what a loss. To not see you in this beautiful light I do.

And it works both ways. I know the answers people expect out of me. When someone says "Hws you maaaan? Wassups?" How many times have I replied saying the truth and not a pre-programmed answer? We will reply saying "I'm good. what bout you? Wassups?" Evn if the true answer is "I'm utterly saddened by the state of things I find myself in. Nothing's up. The only thing up is my manic want to kill the person who started this trend of sayin "Wassups?"...

We live in a beautiful world with the most beautiful perceptions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment