April 20, 2008

as if you have a choice...


Light up, light up
As if you have a choice
Even if you cannot hear, my voice
I'll be right beside you, dear...
snow patrol.

So after Coldplay, I think I like these guys the most...
I remember telling someone recently, "I listen to obscure music"... I do, I do! and I love alllll of it... I like a song for what it speaks to me, and for what it talks about. Sometimes I just like songs because of the name of the song. Sometimes I like songs because it reminds me of places I've been to, or people I've met. Mostly, I like songs because, there is hardly a truer form of self-expression. Words and sound. Written and sung. Crafted on paper, and strummed on guitars. Some songs are palpable, reach out, and you can touch the melody.


Its past mid- april. wow!

12 comments:

  1. you must try gorillaz then, chances are you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must try gorillaz then, chances are you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i forgot to mention, that gorillaz comment was made by me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i forgot to mention, that gorillaz comment was made by me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. some ppl find my choice of music weird. some think its sleep inducing [:P]

    i like all kinds of music except rap n hip hop.cant stand em

    have u tried paki rock? they do a lot of fusion..its really good

    try "jalan" by aaroh. its on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  6. some ppl find my choice of music weird. some think its sleep inducing [:P]

    i like all kinds of music except rap n hip hop.cant stand em

    have u tried paki rock? they do a lot of fusion..its really good

    try "jalan" by aaroh. its on youtube

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's a thought.

    Music ain't supposed to mean a thing. Infact it isn't supposed to mean at all.

    Imagine.

    An really early morning breeze over Juhu beach. Grains of sands sprinking, following your steps. And the breeze does hum. Even the thought of sweltering summer fails, emerging din and bustles of the 'maximum' city fades, eyes dilate onto an invisible speck on the southern horizon of the extended bay - where the palm trees arise like brushes kissing across the sky lilting from darkness of night to twilight of dawn and all possible words fail to explain. What?

    That catchy little hum on your lips.

    Music is nothing, dear. Maybe it's more the moment - maybe it's not.

    It's good that I never got to know the technicalities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Here's a thought.

    Music ain't supposed to mean a thing. Infact it isn't supposed to mean at all.

    Imagine.

    An really early morning breeze over Juhu beach. Grains of sands sprinking, following your steps. And the breeze does hum. Even the thought of sweltering summer fails, emerging din and bustles of the 'maximum' city fades, eyes dilate onto an invisible speck on the southern horizon of the extended bay - where the palm trees arise like brushes kissing across the sky lilting from darkness of night to twilight of dawn and all possible words fail to explain. What?

    That catchy little hum on your lips.

    Music is nothing, dear. Maybe it's more the moment - maybe it's not.

    It's good that I never got to know the technicalities.

    ReplyDelete
  9. well, for me, music must hve meaning, must inspire me and arouse some feelings... sometimes it breaks my heart,somtimes it makes me jump with koy... if a love a song, i love it for the memories it provokes, or for the way it makes me feel.... music neednt have words to have meaning, and well, all words that so make a song, neednt be interpreted in one way...

    but for me, there is always a meaning, an essence music has, an appeal, one that draws me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. well, for me, music must hve meaning, must inspire me and arouse some feelings... sometimes it breaks my heart,somtimes it makes me jump with koy... if a love a song, i love it for the memories it provokes, or for the way it makes me feel.... music neednt have words to have meaning, and well, all words that so make a song, neednt be interpreted in one way...

    but for me, there is always a meaning, an essence music has, an appeal, one that draws me to it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like music which makes me feel FREE.....of everything!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like music which makes me feel FREE.....of everything!!!

    ReplyDelete