July 04, 2008

hope...


Its unfortunate that the only thing we seem to depend upon is hope. For what is hope really? To me I'd think its just the desires of the heart repeated over and over again. So when some of life's biggest decisions are based on hope, what does it mean really?
My sister, quite the adventurist, found out about some silly website a few years ago, Death clock or something. Where supposedly, you could find out the exact date you would die.Aaah, but there were options too... If you are an optimist and live with Hope, then automatically add 15 or so years to your life.
I hope that one day I will be able to look at these miserably despondent days and laugh. I also hope that when I do that, I feel that life wasn't as bad as I thought it was. I hope that one day I shall see the days taking shape of what I keep wishing them to be. I hope one day I shall decorate a kitchen with hand painted tiles of the colour blue, that one day I will feed fresh fruit, breaking it off heavy laden branches.

There is hope and that is all that there is. Do not allow complacency to creep through the heart I guard so vigilantly, like cold, sneaking in through cracks at night. Do not let the dreams grow musty and old, fearful of decaying. Keep these hearts safe from all that threatens.

There is hope and that is all that there is. Its a lot to ask for. And its more than everything to have.

10 comments:

  1. Hope. Yes. That too came out of Pandora's box.
    And that is the best and worst of all things that plague us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope. Yes. That too came out of Pandora's box.
    And that is the best and worst of all things that plague us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes... its childish, sometimes, the things we hope for so fervently.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes... its childish, sometimes, the things we hope for so fervently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully written!
    if it were not for hopes...none of us would be here alive.That is the sole reason why we keep moving on in our lives.And tiniest little hope...or shud i say..hope(let);)...can help us climb mountains in our lives..
    nice post!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautifully written!
    if it were not for hopes...none of us would be here alive.That is the sole reason why we keep moving on in our lives.And tiniest little hope...or shud i say..hope(let);)...can help us climb mountains in our lives..
    nice post!..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope is:
    1. The burning flame which ignites the feeling in you that makes you wanna live on.
    2. It is a belief that there's a positive outcome waiting for you somewhere :)
    3. Something which you feel from within your heart even if the circumstances are suitable or not.
    4. Hope is faith minus the confidence.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope is:
    1. The burning flame which ignites the feeling in you that makes you wanna live on.
    2. It is a belief that there's a positive outcome waiting for you somewhere :)
    3. Something which you feel from within your heart even if the circumstances are suitable or not.
    4. Hope is faith minus the confidence.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope is fleeting. Desires come in rushes of adrenaline... keep the engine running, keep the fire burning...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope is fleeting. Desires come in rushes of adrenaline... keep the engine running, keep the fire burning...

    ReplyDelete