January 28, 2008

make a wish

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah, they were all yellow

I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Yellow"

So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all "Yellow"

Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful

You know, you know I love you so
You know I love you so

I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all "Yellow"

I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all "Yellow"

Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
And you know

For you I'd bleed myself dry
For you I'd bleed myself dry

It's true, look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine for you
Look how they shine

Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And all the things that you do


With all the marvellous changes in my life currently, and the beautiful things that are happening, I'm also falling for this song again! When I walk out around in the wonderfully warming sunshine, I imagine it falling on your face, lighting your eyes to a lighter brown than they are already. The yellow sunshine deepens the smile on your face, carving deep laugh lines. Brown and warm, two of my favourite things.
The stars are so distant in this city, and they remind me of a time when I could actually see falling stars. Run after them in glee and hoping to catch one. Make a wish! and it will come true. Make a wish, and yours dreams will be magically true . Close your eyes and pray real hard and it will happen.

Is it really happening? Close my eyes, and make it happen.

6 comments:

  1. Amen! :D

    I notice, you really love Coldplay a lot. Might I suggest 3 Doors Down for a listen? :)

    PS Nice blog you've got here. I'll be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! :D

    I notice, you really love Coldplay a lot. Might I suggest 3 Doors Down for a listen? :)

    PS Nice blog you've got here. I'll be back for more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!

    yes, i totally adore Coldplay!
    and i do listen to 3 doors down... pretty nice themselves!

    and,btw, i LOVE ur name, the grin reaper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks!

    yes, i totally adore Coldplay!
    and i do listen to 3 doors down... pretty nice themselves!

    and,btw, i LOVE ur name, the grin reaper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you :) And I like yours too, firefly. Used to be enchanted with them before I found out that it's all because of a certain chemical reactions and they're not actually anything magical. Sometimes, knowledge isn't all it's kicked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you :) And I like yours too, firefly. Used to be enchanted with them before I found out that it's all because of a certain chemical reactions and they're not actually anything magical. Sometimes, knowledge isn't all it's kicked up to be.

    ReplyDelete